Friday, May 15, 2009

Crabtree & Evelyn

"Crabtree & Evelyn" from UK

Lemongrass & Brown Sugar Body Butter
This is currently sold out on the website, shows how popular it is & that I'm not the only one that thinks it's the best! But you can probably find it at a store.Before, I didn't like body butters that much as I have oily skin & I felt it was too oily for me. But now I think that body butter tend to last longer for their shelf life before they start to smell wierd like a lot of lotions do.But currently, I'm in love w/ their Lemongrass Body Butter. It smells like nothing I've ever smelt before. Perhaps I'm just new to Lemongrass, lol! But hey, other brands like The Body Shop don't have this scent's body butter. Even if they did it might not be the same. It's just so smooth. I'd buy a jar of it just to smell it & feel it & I'd probably be too stingy to use too much of it too quickly as I'd save it in order to savour it. I'd probably try to eat it if it were edible, lol!

Here's the body scrub!
http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/body-scrub-nat14145.html

Gardeners 60-Second Fix Manicure Set for Hands:
Contains:
Hand RecoveryHand Therapy Hand CreamYou can purchase these two items either together or seperately, &/or use together w/ other products as well.It's a better deal to get them together in a single package if you do want both items.

Step 1: Hand Recovery
http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/111-gar314448.html
This is a hand scrub that contains shea butter hand cream. You rub it on your hands & cuticles to take away dead skin & then rinse. I don't think that it's necessary to apply the Hand Therapy Cream afterwards as your hands are already moisturized after rinsing. I think it's just for extra moisturizing/smoothing. So I'd say that the cream is not absolutely necessary or if you do get it then you can even use the two items seperately if you like.

Step 2: Gardeners Hand Therapy
http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/gar47920.html
This is a hand cream that contains shea butter which makes it very smooth & thus your very smooth & the scent is also amazing!

Rosewater Body Powder
http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/ros35682.html
Just like baby powder except it doesn't say "baby" anywhere on the body. So you're perfectly justified of this guilty pleasure of pampering yourself. haha!

Suggestion: don't put on a whole lot of lotion/butter/cream on before & especially after using the powder as the powder will stick together with the lotion & you'll have white blobs on your skin.

This stuff smells very nice, another guilty pleasure! The powder itself already makes your skin smooth, but it doesn't contain any moisturizing ingredients, lacking in that department. I'm disappointed that it doesn't contain aloe or vitamin E as some baby powders do from the drugstores, but drugstore body powders do not have a variety of scents to choose from.

Baby/Body powders these days are made from starch & are talc-free (a substance that is toxic to humans) or at least they should be, so be sure to double check. If you have a really old one it may still contain talc & it's up to you if you still want to use it or throw it away.

This product is a bit pricey as with other name brand products & compared to the low price of drugstore baby powders. I'd rate this product a 4/10 as I do love the Rosewater scent & also body powder. Otherwise the price is not really worth it especially since the amount of the product in the small bottle will run out very quickly. However, this is still one of my favourite Crab&Eve products as I already mentioned I love Rosewater & powder. Yes I'm harsh w/ my rating, I know, LoL! The Body Powder also comes in other scents like Lavander & Lily of the Valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment