Friday, July 23, 2010

FFW Industry + Media Launch
















It was a free event, but had to rsvp in advance to be on the guestlist to get in. It was held at the West hair salon on Queen St. W. It was a very nice place, but it was extremely hot that evening that the fans weren't very helpful. There was free water, beer and root beer & also mini cupcakes and poutine. There was a mini fashion show. Everyone who showed up were mostly all girls except for the photographers. There were girls who were bloggers, buyers and writers for fashion magazines and then there's a few random people like me who just enjoy events. But actually, sonner or later I can consider myself as a true blogger, when I get less lazy, blog more but with quality posts, get a domain and print some business cards. Then I can consider myself a real blogger. And I think I need to learn a little more about the Toronto fashion scene by reading some articles and attending a few more fashion shows. But for now I'm ok. I've already attended quite a few events.

I chatted with the salon owner. She was nice & I loved the purple dress she was wearing. She looks very young but mature. She's still in her 20's I think. I also chatted with a girl who's a jewelry designer which is very inspiring for me since I love making jewelry myself, but haven't pursued doing it as a real business and getting designs shown at fashion shows.....yet. Now I'm thinking about it, but will take a bit of time to pursue that.

It was a very nice and relaxing evening despite the head and sweating like a piggy. After the event I headed home and decided to get the FFW pass and attend all the events.

No comments:

Post a Comment