Thursday, July 15, 2010

David Dixon Fashion Show at Ultra



ME & THE BARTENDER






Last night was the David Dixon fashion show at Ultra Patio. It was also a party to celebrate the launch of the "Industry Insider Magazine."

The show started with the special guest performance by ROCHESTER AKA JUICE singing some rap by himself, and then the models came on to the catwalk one by one in dazzling pieces. He sang throughout the entire fashion show as the background music for the fashion.

The dresses were mostly covered in black. They were very chic/hip/glamorous. It is the only DD designs I've seen so far in addition to the Barbie Collection at LGFW back in March. I especially liked the dress with the pockets. It looked really cool with the model comming out with her hands in the pockets of the dress. I think the pieces shown last night are probably a part of the collection he will be showing at a fashion week next season. I hope the models didn't feel too hot literally in the dresses as it was a lot of fabric for the hot summer weather.

There was a lot of people, but I still managed to get a pretty good view standing right in front of the catwalk and a little to the right side.

There were many fashion industry people of course. I recognized a few faces; a few photographers and a model or two. I recognized the girl with the cool mohawk hair whom I remember from FAT Alternative Fashion Week, but I didn't talk to her. I didn't talk to many people actually. I kinda just relaxed a bit. Other times I think I talk to much and kinda scare people, haha! I most talked to the photographers, especially the girl whom I met at LGFW. It was interesting to find out what they planned to do with their footage and where to submit them, etc...

There was a guy whom I thought I recognized. I thought he was the guy who did my hair a few days ago at the other party I attended. It was quite funny. Then he told me he designs handbags, etc... I thought he was joking coz I seriously thought he was the hair stylist guy. Good thing I asked him what his brand's name is. When I went home I kinda googled it and seems pretty cool. So I think I learned something. Check out Nella Bella. I think it's very cool that all the products are manmade and vegan. How SeXy is that?? & it's Canadian/he's Canadian.

As for the designer himself, I think I probably saw him but didn't know it. I was standing across from him at a viewable distance, but I didn't notice where he was standing until I later saw someone post a photo of him at the event.

My Fuze martini was half spilt coz some random guy bumped right into me & it got all over my shirt & skirt, sigh! He just said a very quick sorry, then turned around & left. People should watch where they are going and not be so pushy. I hate it when people don't watch where they are going especially if they walk backwards. Obviously they can't see where they are going when walking backwards unless they have eyes on the back of their head. This time I tried the pommergranate one with vodka this time. I've drank Fuze juice & Fuze martinis several times before. You can get the Fuze juice at the supermarket or even Shopper's Drugmart, & maybe Walmart. It's a natural health product because it contains some ingredients that are good for you; Chromium, Vitamin C, Garcina Cambogia Rind Extract, etc... It also helps increase your metabolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment