Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Flirty Girl's Night Out-A Pink Carpet Soiree




















It was Flirty Girl Fitness' 4th Flirty Girl Night Out party although they had other similar, but slightly smaller scaled parties which I think were co-ed. It was my 2nd time attending Flirty Girls Nite Out. I think they have one of these about every four months now. The general price went up by a tiny bit ($5 more from last time). That's quite expensive to pay at the door which is $10 more than buying the ticket online prior. I suppose it was to offset some extra costs somwhere, maybe to provide more giftbags. I did notice some slight improvements such as having more appetizers. They had meatballs and cream chese on bread and some other stuff. Previously I think they only had crackers with dip. The food was sponsored, and the male servers are from Eligible Inc. which is a dating service. Actually there was slightly more swag in the giftbag this time too. However, if the price goes up again next time, that would really suck so they'd better not. But having attended twice and also some other similar events, I might not attend next time unless I can get a free tix. haha! I'm just saying that right now since I've attended two recently. But then a few months from now I'll probably be bored and want some more pampering, lol. It all depends if I'll be free on the next date. Maybe I'll sign up for some classes, get a punch card for several dropin classes for yoga, boxing, belly dancing, etc... just to get 2 free party tix offer. I always wanted to take some classes there, but somehow never got around to it yet. Hopefully I will soon.

The thing is, I really wished they had makeover services that would last past the night like brow shaping services eg. waxing, threading or tweezing. Manicures are okay, but how about pedicures? They definitely should have mini facials and a digital photo booth where you can take & upload a foto of your new makeover. So if you forget your camera and don't go to the afterparty, at least you'd have a good reason to get all madeup for. To offset more costs they could let in a few more vendors too. But then it does seem a little crowded already. Just some suggestions in my opinion.

Last time I was there I arrived late & didn't get any pampering after waiting in line for several hours, but I did sip a few drinks, watched a few performances and chatted with some fab girls and the swag bag at the end kinda made up for it so I didn't complain. This time I was smarter and I lined up right when the whole thing started. Well, I was late 10 minutes to lineup for the pampering because I was walking around and talking to people and went to the toilet. So I ended up getting my nails filed & coloured by Spa Treatment, a nice quick hair updo by Blo, and an eye makeup application by Sephora, etc... I had wanted some sexy curls, but the guy from Blo wanted to do something else so I let him.

I didn't really watch much of the dance shows, but they were amazing of course, especially the one to the "All The Single Ladies" Beyonce song towards the end. I missed watching the fashion show in full view because I was lining up. All I saw were the heads of the models, but I saw all the photos after. I did see more of the dancing as there were slightly less people crowding around the performance area. The fashion show was 3/4ths to the end of the party and many people were tired of lining up and fled the lines to see the fashion show.

The fashion show was by Joy Couture & United Front. It was my first time hearing about United Front, but I've been to several of Joy's fashion shows before & she always have nice stuff. I love her dresses. United Front displayed some tshirts which had nice/cool logos but it'd be more interesting if they did something with the fabric. It looked a bit too simple. The fashion show was a bit short, but it's always like that b/c it's just a small part of the whole event. But overall the show was ok.

I think that this time it was organized a bit better than last time as they had guys handing out drinks while we were lining up for the pampering. Last time we had to get the drinks ourselves at the bar and we had to lineup for that too. So what some of us girls did was send a girl to grab a few drinks back and then got back into line. Complimentary drinks are always good because you don't want to spend a fortune when you get thirsty especially when you already have to pay an entry fee to get in.

The hand/arm massage from Arbon was a bit short because you had to choose between getting your hands done or your arms, but not both. I think they did that to save time and be more fair to let more girls get their turn. But I really liked the gel they used on my hands. I don't know what was in it, but it smelled really good. I think Aveda was there to do arm treatments too, but I didn't get to check that out. It was so little time, too many people. Pink Petals jewelry was there as a vendor. They have some nice stuff too and I see them at almost every event I go to.

The Sephora line was very long and I didn't think I would make it to the front by the end of the event, but luckily I did and got my eyes madeup. They didn't do a full makeup application probably to save time also. Last time they did do full makeup applications by some other company which I can't remember since it was several months ago. Well I think it's better to be fair and let more people get a turn to get pampered.

All that pampering only lasts one night. The manicure may last a few days more. But it still feels good to get pampered and it was good being surrounded by other fabulous girls as well. There was an afterparty at a nightclub near by. This time it was at Dolce Social Ballroom & last time at Century Room. I skipped the afterparty and headed to another club Tryst where the Playboy Golf Casting was held, but I didn't stay long and went home to get some beauty sleep.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=100000195487026#!/event.php?eid=132260976800504&ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment