Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Caryl Baker

http://www.carylbakervisage.com/
PAPAYA MOUSSE CLEANSER
Loved it just as much as the toner. Loved it!

Papaya Toning Complex
I used this toner a few years ago and then I went on to using other brands, not that it's not good enough. In contrast, I actually like it a lot. My sister used to use it also. It smells great & made my skin feel good & I used it every day when I had it & I was planning to get a new one after I used it up. I wonder what happened. Oh ya, my discount membership expired & then one time they gave me a bad brow wax although I'd had a good one at another location. Anyway, I think that I'll buy it again in the future.

PAPAYA POWER SCRUB
I remember loving this when I had it!

PORE MINIMIZING MOISTURE LOTION
I didn't like it that much. I felt it was too thick for me. It says oil-free & I believe it should be, but it's thinkness gave me the illusion that it was oily. The bottle is a bit small. I used half of it & then stopped b/c I felt it was causing breakouts or maybe just coincidence & then I started using something else. But to be fair, perhaps I did not pay enough attention to see it's effectiveness in minimizing pores or if it was indeed causing breakouts.

EMERGIN C MULTI-VITAMIN SERUMWITH RETINOL
I had it & it was alright I think. Wasn't too oily b/c it's more like a gel. I loved the little colourful multi-colored bubbles/beads that releases the vitamins when pumped out of the bottle. When you pump the bottle, the bubbles go into the straw & pops when it comes out. Too bad I was too lazy to use it regualry back in the day & let it expre before finishing the whole bottle. Back then I was still relatively new to skincare.

EMERGIN C 20% VITAMIN C SERUM
I kinda like it, but felt it might be a little sticky & oily. But perhaps it was just the thickness & not actually contain a lot of oil.

EMERGINC VITAMIN C AND RETINOL MASK
Love it also! I really liked the tingly feeling that made it feel like it was really working even though the tingling was a bit stinging. It was the Retinol beads that caused the tingling. Whether it is truely effective or not, I suppose it does. At least, I felt it was working. I can't really tell the difference as I did not have a lot of sun damage before I used it.

VITAMIN C STICK
One of the very first lipgloss/balms I had. It was the first lip product I had that had sun protection. I liked it at first b/c I didn't have many lip products back then. I suppose I may use it again. It was ok, not bad!

BLUSH
I like it. I still have the same blush from several years ago. It's medium dark pink shade called "Kewpie Doll" & matches my skin well. It doesn't go on very dark so I like that b/c I don't like too much colour on my cheeks. I don't use blush very often, perhaps that's why I haven't used it up yet. However, I believe that the colour may have been discontinued or perhaps they change it's name. I can't find it on their website, but perhaps it may still be available in the store.

PRISMATIC PERFECT FINISH
I used this facial powder all over my face right after foundation b/c the sales lady told me so. So I put it all over my face and it made my skin look wierdly brown although I mixed it really well when I swired my powder brush in it.

GREEN MAKEUP TONER/green camouflage concealer
A light, creamy formulation which will tone-down a pink complexion.

EYESHADOW
I have 3 of their eyeshadows in light pink, yellow & orange. The colours are very light but still makes a difference. I used to use light colours b/c they are relatively safe for people who are not very experienced w/ eyeshadows. I used a light application of just one shade each time.

LIPSTICK & LIPGLOSS
I have a lipstick & lipgloss, both are somewhat different shades of pink, one light & one dark, but they worked together very well. I really liked it. I'll tell you the name of the shades later when I have time to update. The lipstick is called "Love Potion" which is a peachy pink & the lipgloss is called "Princess" which may have been discontinued.

EYE & LIP PENCILS
OK, meaning that nothing special. I find that it's just as good as some drugstore brands. Nothing different/phenominal. But I will give a description of each that I have tried.

EYEBROW PENCIL
I had a light brown one which I really liked the colour b/c it matches my natural brow colour very well. It's like a light chestnut brown w/o any red tones which I hate. I liked the tiny little brush attached to the lid which made it very convenient & you don't have to grab/carry & extra brow brush w/ you. I'm really sad that I lost it & it wasn't even half finished yet. I'll just have to get a replacement.

WATERPROOF EYE LINERS
I have a dark grey one which is the automatic sharpening kind. It's ok.

WATERPROOF LIP LINERS
I got a cherry red one. I don't really like that shade.

PROFESSIONAL BRUSH SET
I like it, came w/ a free pouch. I still use it to this day & none of them are broken yet as I've taken very good care of them. But perhaps I may need to replace someday. Comes w/ all the essential brushes I need.
I don't remember paying that much for them, but I did. But I think that the price as been inflated a bit over time. So I'm glad that I got them as early as I did b/c I don't plan on purchasing them again unless I absolutely have to, that is if they break or i accidently lose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment