Friday, May 8, 2009

Dijon Mustard

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/08/obama-mustard-attack-beco_n_199953.html
It's the burger topping sauce of choice for President Barak Obama even though it's not an American ingredient.

But it's still Pro-Canadian for us Canadians b/c Dijon in Bordeaux, France imports most of their mustard seeds from Canada & I'm sure that many of the dijon mustard sauces in Canada & the US are actually made here in Canada. So although Obama has been criticised for prefering dijon on his burger by the US critics, we here in Canada have nothing against him forthat. Infact, we are Pro-dijon & we love him even more for it & perhaps even more so for French Canadians, lol!

Anyway,it's.just.such.a.small.thing. I don't think the President or his family needs to watch every detail of their dieting habbits. It's too much of a hassle. I believe they have bigger & better things to do than caring what people say about such subtlety. The critics probably just need stuff to talk & write about. They always keep themselves busy & always looking for something to criticize. Afterall, to critique is their JOB.

Come on, dijon is Delicious! There are several different versions. Some are made w/ fruit. I really love honey mustard so I could understand the preference of a certain sauce over others. However, I'm not sure what dijon mustard is like yet. I'm not sure if I've even tried it. Perhaps I have & didn't know. But next time instead of honey mustard I will try dijon just out of curiousity. Since the US Prez likes it, of course you wonder, "Is it really that good?" espeically if you have never tasted it in your life before. Perhaps I'll like it just as much or perhaps even better & it may become my favourite too. Or even possibly, I may choose to stick back to my honey mustard afterall!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustard_(condiment)
http://www.ochef.com/284.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment