Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Makeup

Joe Fresh
http://www.joe.ca/en/beauty/
The brand recently launched his new cosmetics line.If you've seen/tried his clothing & accessories you would know how cool the stuff are.They're hip/urban with cool very Fresh colours. lol!His products are all reasonably priced & pretty good quality.I first learned about Joe Fresh when I stumbled across the section at Loblaws & I instantly felt appealed/attracted to it's products. I'm not sure if it was the colours or the styles that I was drawn to, perhaps both. I think the name of the brand has something to do w/ it too. Joe Fresh just sounds very fresh especially since it's sold inside a supermarket, my kind of thing, lol!There were tons of stuff that I wanted to buy. All the kids clothes were pretty cool too, & I was thinking that if I ever have kids someday or need to buy a kid a present that I'd buy Joe & I did recommend it to some people I know who have kids.My favourite item was their huge bowling bag. I think that it was sorta a diaper bag for mother's to carry all their baby stuff around it. But I bought it anyway b/c I usually carry a lot of stuff around.I'm looking forward to trying some of the new Joe makeup stuff in the near future! You can find his stuff at your local Loblaws supermarket.

Mineral Powder
Bare Escentuals Get Started Kit
That was my very first time trying mineral makeup for the first time. I had purchased it from Sephora I think two years ago. I remember buying it & not openning it until a week after even though I was anxious to try it. I think that I just felt a bit overwhelmed as it seemed very different from regular makeup. I actually was scared of using it the wrong way & had to wait until I had time to watch the tutorial DVD that came w/ in the package. Once I watched it, it just felt easy & that's how I started using minerals. It looks so natural & so easy to apply that now I don't even want to go back to using non-mineral makeup ever again. I thought that it was expensive at the time when I bought it. But it did come w/ 2 cover up powders of 2 different shades & also a translucent one. It did last me longer than I though. Now I actually think that it was a good deal.

I just ran out of minerals. Now it's time to stock up again. But perhaps I'll try a different brand next as there are so many new ones, almost every brand now offers it.


Lip Plumpers
Fusion Beauty

So far I've only tried "Fusion Beauty" & "Shiseido." The collagen causes the tingly feeling & makes your llips plump up a little. There's also some non-collagen lip plumpers out there, but I have not tried them b/c I don't think they really work, or at least not as great as collagen & they cost around the same price anyway.

I like it. I love the tingly feeling once applied. It's a bit pricey, but perhaps not for lip plumpers in general. Instead of buying the big ones, I bought a minis combo to try out.

Shiseido
It was a collagen lipbalm & it expred on me before I could finish it. It did work, but I still like "Fusion Beauty" better b/c if feels nicer & seem to last longer.

Eyeliners
Regular
regular ones that you sharpen. slightly cheaper in price compared to the other ones. they may break, especially the colour led inside if you drop it on the floor. but I guess Originality has it's appeal.

Self-Sharpening Kind
It doesn't actually sharpen, but rolls out the led when you turn the bottom of the pencil. It's easier to use & you don't have to have a pencil sharpener in hand. However, the it does not get that fine tip that you do w/ conventional pencils. I suppose you can sharpen the tip by drawing on white paper to get rid of the excess & I say white paper b/c you don't want to get the tip dirty & get it in your eyes.

The led will not break as easily as regular conventional pencils. At least I have not broken one yet, but I suppose it's still possible. One thing bad about these pencils is that you do not know how much led is inside. Once I almost bought a pencil that had almost nothing inside. Good thing the led fell out & I saw how short it was & I got another one instead.

Liquid
Liquid is the way to go! It's hard to apply at first, but once you learn the tips & tricks you may want to never use the led pencils every again except for the large jumbo pencils that also doubles as an eyeshadow. However, liquid liners are a bit hard to remove. You must use an eye makeup remover or cream cleanser afterwards.

The newest trend right now is the glitter & matellic liquid eyeliners. They're so great that you wish they had them earlier! It's still a relately new thing & only several brands have them. However, sooner or later it'll become as popular as mineral makeup & you'll probably see them at every cosmetics asile/dept of every store you go ot.

Eyeshadows
Powder Shadows
Great if you don't like to wear too much eye makeup. You can just apply a very light layer of it & it comes offf easily.

Jumbo Pencils
Jumbo pencils can be used as both an eyeliner & eyeshadow so you can easily create your look w/o having to buy 2 items (eg. powdered shadowed+thin pencil) which allows you to save a bit of $$cha-ching!

Metallic & Glitter powdered shadows you must love! You can go light or add more layers or a more solid look especially at night time!

Gel shadows are absolutely to die for, especially the metallic/glittery ones. They look more solid/bold than the powdered shadows.

Two-Faced
Cute & Hip are their products! I really love their pallets which are packaged like books. Very cool!

Sephora
http://www.sephora.com/
A good place to go ot if you're looking for variety & you want to try out before you buy. They have qutips, tissues & disposible applicators there for your convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment